Highlights of Vivaro Roatan's FIVE Star Service:
Cleaning is INCLUDED during your stay. The pool is cleaned almost daily and an interior clean by our amazing housecleaner will be included at least once during is stay.
salt, pepper and a variety of spices (what we and other guests contribute)
dish soap and dishwashing soap
snorkeling equipment and pool floats - what we and other guests bring and leave
we cannot guarantee mask and fins - they break over time - we can help you rent them affordably nearby
big beach towels - please keep them on the property
your preferred shampoo, body soap etc.
Frequently asked questions:
Why do you charge extra for additional guests? We are renting the whole property, aren't we?
Our villa can vary greatly in the number of guests, sometime housing only one couple and other times 16 or 20 or more. We want our homes to be available to every group size and to charge one couple the same as for a whole group would not seem fair. So based on the villa, we included from 4 to 6 in the base rate, and then charge beyond that. In effect, smaller groups are given a discount off of what the normal rate would be. If you have a larger group, the rates you see for extra guests aligns with the normal rate of a full house and the cleaning and upkeep that go into maintaining and turning over a very large luxury home.
What about the bugs?
Vivaro Roatan encourages you to bring or buy locally reef friendly bug sprays and sunscreens. Our favorite is Aegis - all guests start with a bottle of bug spray and we can provide other natural products such as sunscreen and soap bars. Be careful when you arrive to get a feel for how the bugs effect you. Keep bedroom doors closed at all times to keep bugs out.
Can you drink the water?
All three Vivaro properties are on a cistern. The whole house is filtered. In addition at the sink and the refrigerator the water and ice is run through an additional UV filter - you will notice the water is warm. We drink the water. Your group should each decide - anyone concerned should drink bottled water. If you do prefer bottles water you can purchase gallons at the nearby gas station which saves some plastic.
Do you have paddle boards, kayaks?
Vivaro - Beachfront has five paddle boards
A local shop has rental kayaks and paddle boards - ask our manager
We consider Roatan safe. As in our hometown, there is petty theft. We have many layers of security at Vivaro and have had no issues. We are careful to lock every door and close every window when we leave to protect our belongings.
At stop at Eldon's on the way from the airport is a great place to start. Smaller markets and fruit and veggies stands are in West End. The gas station has beer and snacks as well as bug spray, anti itch, antibiotics, etc.
Our Favorite Things to Do:
- Roatan has amazing snorkeling. Some of the best and most accessible snorkeling is very near to both properties.
- Roatan is a fantastic place to try diving. We dive with Roatan Divers. https://roatandivers.com/
- Private Chefs:
- Chef Blackie - delicious food including seafood and amazing local deserts.
- Chef Junior - Enjoy an all you can eat make your own pizza party right in the Vivaro kitchen.
- Ruthless Roatan Charters - sunset tours, fishing trips, North Shore Tour, and the very popular day trip to the stunning islands of Cayos Cochinos. https://www.ruthlessroatancharters.com/
- Radical Adventures - Fantastic day trip on a Catamaran on the East side of the island
- Wahoo Slayer - great fishing charter
- Ziplining - We can help book your group on a day with no cruise ships or in the afternoon after the cruise ships leave - it is more fun and less crowded.
- Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Rescue - Fun visit where you get to hug a sloth. Combine it with an east end tour and a stop at Hole in Wall and a journey through the mangrove tunnels.
- Massage: Ask our manager to help arrange - they will come to the house